Monday, April 16, 2007

And here I thought this might be a light week...

It's not going to be too bad, except for one item that will significantly add to my total expenditure. Unless that doesn't come out this week.

But before I get to the shipping list, I wanted to point out some cool news from my blog-buddy Geoff Klock:
CASANOVA #8
Written by Matt Fraction
Art by Fábio Moon
Cover by Gabriel Bá
22pp - $1.99

An all-new storyline and an all-new artist-- the stunning Fábio Moon-- ignites here as CASANOVA returns with the perfect jumping-on point for new readers. What terrible truth lurks inside Dokkktor Klockhammer's horrible horror hospital? How much time passes on page eleven? Who IS that masked man? Who's the stone-cold fox behind the stick of that sick assault aircraft from the future? Do all women from the future look like that? We sure hope so-- because the future is where we'll spend THE REST OF OUR LIVES. And it's only the future that holds the answer to these questions and more, including the biggest, bestest question Casanovanauts near and far will be asking themselves for a long time to come:

WHEN IS CASANOVA QUINN?

CASANOVA volume 2: we have come from tomorrow to save you from boring.

ON SALE IN AUGUST
That's the official solicitation, from Matt Fraction's site. Damn, I'm really fucking jealous. I'll have to try to get Fraction's attention and see if he would name a character after me. Of course, he would probably just make a Brady Bunch joke, the bane of my existence. Anyway, congratulations, Geoff! And on to

New comics this week (Wednesday, 4/18/07):

40 YEARS OF GHOST RIDER DVD ROM 29.95

Has Ghost Rider been around for 40 years? That is, the motorcycle guy. If you threw in the western hero, maybe. But the Johnny Blaze version was created in the late 70's, I thought. That adds up to thirty years by my math. Whatever; I'm not gonna buy it in any case.

ARMY @ LOVE #2 (MR) 2.99

Oh boy! I dug the first issue, and I'm very curious to see where Veitch is going with the book. Can't wait!

DEATH NOTE VOL 13 12.99

What the hell? Volume 11 just came out, and there are supposedly only 12 volumes in the series. Recent comments on Jog's blog indicate that the 13th volume in Japan was supplementary material, so maybe that's what this is. It's weird to bring it out before volume 12 though.

DMZ #18 (MR) 2.99

More cool Vertigo action. I'm not sure if this starts a new storyline ("Friendly Fire" is the next one), or if it's a "rest" issue after the intensity of the last arc. Whatever the case, I'm there.

DRIFTING CLASSROOM VOL 5 TP (MR) 9.99

Jeez, I just managed to get volume 2, and I haven't read it yet. I can tell this is going to be another series that I note every volume that comes out, saying "well, I'll get it someday."

EX MACHINA #27 (MR) 2.99

Wow, it's the week of several of my favorite series. Cool. Is this late? For some reason, it seems like a while since the last issue, which ended with a hell of a cliffhanger, by the way. There was a guy who appeared to be a time traveler from the future, and he caused a big blackout, including the seeming loss of Mitchell's powers. Don't make us wait so long to find out what happens, Vaughan!

MARVEL ADVENTURES AVENGERS #12 2.99

I think I'm going to have to add this to my pull list, at least while Jeff Parker is writing it. It's tons of fun, and he has an upcoming story featuring Leonard Kirk on art and the Agents of Atlas in the story. Awesome!

RAMAYAN 3392 AD #8 2.99

Jog says this is really cool, so I might pick up the trade when it comes out. It seems very interesting, and I would love to learn more about Indian mythology. But there's no way I'm going to start with issue #8.

ROCKETO VOL 2 TP JOURNEY TO THE HIDDEN SEA 19.99

Here's the pricey book of the week. It'll be worth every penny though. Frank Espinosa's art style is like nothing else I've seen, and it's a cool tale of adventure in a post-apocalyptic world. Plus, it features a sidekick who is a sea captain/talking dog!

SPIRIT #5 2.99

This is a guaranteed fun book. Which character will Cooke resurrect next? And how awesome will the splash page be? I'll find out soon, but not soon enough!

TESTAMENT #17 (MR) 2.99

I dropped this book after the last issue, but it was a rocky breakup, and I could consider coming back. I'll give it a flip-through and see if it looks worthwhile.
-----

That looks like everything. Should be some good comics there. If you want to check back later, I expect to do a TV review sometime today, and I should be able to get to those comics reviews tonight. Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment